Long Point Beach Cleanup – Saturday April 1, 2017. 10am-4pm
Join the Long Point Basin Land Trust and help clean our shorelines in a Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup! The cleanup will happen along the beach in Long Point, starting at the parking lot beside Stub’s Beach Market on Abigail Becker Parkway. View map here.
The event will happen throughout the day and volunteers/participants are asked to notify event coordinators how long they are able to participate. Register for the event here.
Please bring reusable water bottles to refill at our hydration stations, snacks, a bagged lunch, and work gloves.
Dress for the weather as the event will be taking place rain or shine.
Volunteers are needed for event registration throughout the day and to help pickup and sort through garbage. If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact Lyndsay Shular at 519-420-9913 or firstname.lastname@example.org with “Long Point Beach Cleanup” as the subject line.
We are always on the lookout for volunteers to help us with tasks that are posted below, but if you think you have experience or skills in an area not listed, please let us know!
• Developing outreach material including newsletters, posters, handouts, etc.
• Media relations, including writing print and on-line articles
• Data collection, GIS and mapping
• Join a committee (Community Engagement, Lands Management, Fundraising)
• Research natural heritage and land trust related work
• Fund development
• Restoration work
• Land stewardship activities
• Biological inventory of properties
• Community Outreach – staff a trade show booth, help spread the word
• Event Planning
For more information on volunteering with LPBLT, please contact Lyndsay Shular at 519-420-9913 or email@example.com with “Volunteer Opportunities” as the subject line.