The Long Point Basin Land Trust works towards:
• Protecting and restoring habitat, thus preserving or increasing biodiversity and integrity.
• Involving people in strengthening their partnership with our environment by having them participate in stewardship activities.
• Ensuring that we leave a healthy and non-threatened environment for the welfare and happiness of future generations.
• Providing an avenue for people to get involved in preserving natural lands that are important to the community.
FOUR THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO
Here are four things that you can do to help us preserve natural areas for wild life and people: you probably do some of them already, but we are sure you can find other things to do and can encourage other people to help too.
1. Support the Cause – Become a supporter of the LPBLT and through contributing to specific appeals, or better still, making a yearly commitment to the work of the LPBLT.
2. Spread the Message – Tell friends about the importance of protecting natural heritage areas and the reasons they are important. Perhaps you can interest them in becoming a supporter.
3. Keep LPBLT Informed – Tell us about conservation opportunities. Perhaps you know someone who might consider donating lands for conservation? Have you heard of a significant property that is coming up for sale? Do you know someone who is interested in protecting a natural area by way of an easement?
4. Become Aware – Learn about the wildlife that depends on local natural areas. Find out what hazards affect their lives and do what you can to make life easier for them. Southern Ontario has more endangered species than all the rest of Canada.
The Long Point Basin Land Trust does not manage its properties for financial gain. It relies on the financial support and volunteer commitment of concerned people like you for the resources to protect its nature reserves. Please consider making a financial commitment to support the work of the Long Point Basin Land Trust.
TO MAKE A DONATION
In order to protect the beauty, biodiversity, species habitat and importance of the lands within the operating area of Long Point Basin Land Trust, consider donating towards acquisition, stewardship or the general running of the organization.
Donations to the Long Point Basin Land Trust can be made through Canada Helps
The Canada Helps website enables you to make safe, secure, and private, donation to help support the issues and causes you care most about. Make a donation.
Or make a direct donation to:
Long Point Basin Land Trust
P.O. Box 468, Port Rowan ON N0E 1M0
For more information please contact LPBLT at 519-586-8309
or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org